I made a Pinterest board this weekend for The Frisky's Pin it to Win it! Bitchin' In the Kitchen Pinterest Contest and it got me thinking about Thanksgiving. Brian and I are spending the holiday with my parents and having our own Thanksgiving the day after. It will just be the two of us. We'll probably only have a small ham.
We don't have the room to host Thanksgiving yet but I love daydreaming about what it will be like when we do. This is what I dreamed up this year...
The table would be set like the picture to the left. It's rustic with a fun edge. I could decorate with a mixed succulent wreath and birch candles. I love the table runner in the picture and the fall flower centerpiece.
Drink option would be seasonal--of course! Hot Toddys or Spiced Apple Cider Sangria and Homemade Apple Cider for the non-drinkers like me. The menu is traditional with a twist. My family always has turkey and ham. And you can't forget the pumpkin pie! This is the menu I came up with for my fantasy Thanksgiving:
- Butternut Squash Soup with Pear, Cider & Vanilla Bean
- Roast Turkey with Pears & Sage
- Maple Glazed Ham
- Apple Pecan Stuffing
- Mashed Potatoes with Goat Cheese & Sage
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Slow Roasted Green Beans with Sage
- Artichokes Braised in Lemon & Olive Oil
- Cranberry Sauce with Cassis & Dried Cherries
- Caramel Apple & Pumpkin Pie
- Maple Pecan Blondies with Maple Butter Glaze
Check out my Pinterest board for images of all the yummy food!